If you could change one thing about your past, would you?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

     Diva, if looked up, could mean a few things. The first being delightful, invasive, vivacious and with attitude. This word at one time was used in regard to Opera singers. In today's world it simply means someone that wants to be treated like royalty, even when they are an every day Joe. The second meaning is an exaggerated sense of self inportance, extra special attention needed, or possibly special effort to maintain the beauty, style and image of a person.
     There are a few people that have made it to the top, ie-spot light that have become a Diva. I will not use any names but I feel the average person will know whom I am commenting about.  One that comes to mind has been in the spot light quite a bit the last few months. (I would like to add that this is my opinion and you do not have to agree.)  She told her man while she was on stage that she was pregnant. I wonder now if she was ever really pregnant. She did not show any baby bump while doing her tours, nor did her pregnancy slow down her dancing abilities.
     I have come to believe she is a true Diva in every sense of the word because when it was time for the baby to be born, she dished out thousands of dollars to a hospital to have total privacy. This total privacy included body guards at every exit, taping the video cameras with duct tape to prevent any pictures or videos, taking any and all phones away from the staff that was there, refusing anyone to come or go from the floor they paid for.
     This last one included a man who's twins were born early and were in ICU. He was not allowed in to see his babies until this Diva left the hospital. He complained upon deaf ears of the hospital staff. They themselves were unable to help him because the real issue was with the higher ups of the hospital staff who took the money from her and her man. They had champagne and caviar brought in for a celebration of the birth of their baby.  No one should be allowed to "buy" an entire hospital floor where there are other parents with babies involved.
     This couple is rumored to have had a surrogate mother or even adopted this baby and didn't want it known by anyone, including the Medea. To me, anyone that could plunk down money to buy a hospital floor and not even think of the other parents that are already there .... well, they are every bit the word Diva, and not in a good way. I have since become a non-fan of them (if there is such a word). I no longer listen to their music. I would hope others would understand my concern and think the same. I do not condone sueing but in this case, I would probably do just that if I were a parent that was not allowed to see my babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment